The Illinois Conference of the United Church of Christ is blessed to have two outdoor ministry sites: Pilgrim Park Camp and Tower Hill Camp. Both Tower Hill and Pilgrim Park are open throughout the year in order to serve the needs of individuals, families, and churches of the both the Illinois Conference and the areas surrounding each camp.
The oldest site, Tower Hill Camp in Sawyer Michigan, began in 1923 with the generous gift of 55 acres of land from the Warren Family. In addition, the Warren Family donated 200 feet of beach along the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan for the use of camp patrons. Over its more than 80 year history, Tower Hill has constructed and improved a number of buildings, including the new St. Philippus Retreat Center, completed in June 2007.
Pilgrim Park Camp near Princeton, Illinois, began in 1946 as a vision of the director of the Northern Area for the Illinois Conference of Congregational-Christian Churches, Dr. Glen Lindley. Through his efforts, two sisters donated the 30 acres of land that now comprise the lower campus where most of the buildings are located. Additional acreage was purchased to add beautiful forests and prairie land to the site, which now totals 155 acres.
These camps offer a vast array of retreats, camps and workshops for people of all ages. Activities are not limited to members of the Untied Church of Christ– all God’s children are welcome. Programs are designed to encourage covenantal relationships, celebrate the gifts and talents of those around us, and provide opportunities for personal growth in our lives and in our experiences with God.
26449 1340 N Avenue Princeton, IL 61356
Phone: (815) 447-2390
Fax: (815) 447-2205
Site Director, Mitch Kloster
Resident Naturalist, Matthew Martinkus
ODM Registrar, Tara Cade
12173 Tower Hill Rd., Sawyer, MI 49125
Phone: (269) 426-3881
Site Director, Kim Bossé